IGNORED

? wire...

mechanic1

...anyway....I had such a hard time plugging that thing back in....My wife has some "bullet" connectors that were the same size so I made a longer wire for it. So now if I ever have to take it out again the wire is long enough it won't unplug on me....sure hope it isn't a calibrated resistence type wire.

????

Question.....the ground wire on the top of the T connector for coolant that the fan switch is in.....is that ground wire for the fan or for the gauge...or what? Oh...on '86 RV.

For both. The sensors need a ground and the 'T' is isolated from the frame, hence the ground wire...

On an 86 you have a 2 wire thermoswitch (to operate fan) so the ground wire is for the temp gauge circuit.

On earlier Ventures with a single wire thermoswitch it grounds both the temp sender and thermoswitch.

That is kind of what I was thinking....since it is a single speed cooling fan....figured one wire of the two was ground for the fan...and the mystery wire was ground for the temp sensor/gauge...but, finally at my age I have come to realize that it is a lot easier to ask than to fix what you mess up...lol

The two wires on the thermoswitch are power supply in, and power out to fan motor, no ground at the switch. The fan motor has a ground wire.

The earlier single wire thermoswitch grounded the fan relay coil to operate fan

(no relay on the 2 wire design).