IGNORED

!st Gen wire set

BJB

Many thanks to Freebird and out telephone conversation the other day. I managed to find the wire set on ebay (that had been mentioned on this website in the past) and was able to order a set. Hopefully this will solve my 1989 miss on one cylinder as I probably fouled a plug and needed to change plugs. So, will change all wires and plugs and see what happens. Once again, thanks for all your help Freebird.

I was taught to take a sharp knife and do a X across the face of the wire going into the coil. Claimede it helped it to seat better on the post. Has never seemed to hurt anything. And as JB said watch out for those O-Rings and put a little Di-electric grease on the end of the wire to help it slide in there and keep it from corroding.

Thanks for tips guys. I usually take things apart....only to hear something hit the floor. Oh @#$*, where did that come from? I will watch out for them. Hopefully the new plug wires and new battery cables (from here) will arrive at about the same time and I can do it all at once.