IGNORED

Vmax Cam install help... Please?

I have my 96 RSTC apart...I pulled the heads to install Vmax cams and valve springs along with some other upgrades.

I am installing the heads and I'm confused about the timing marks on the cams.The book says to line up the small holes to a mark on the head. There are to many holes.

Which holes do I use? There are some very small holes... then a little bigger in a different position. I should have paid closer attention when I took it apart..But I figured the FSM would tell me what I needed to know.

A Picture or a better procedure would be great.

Can you help?:fingers-crossed-emo

I have my 96 RSTC apart...I pulled the heads to install Vmax cams and valve springs along with some other upgrades.

I am installing the heads and I'm confused about the timing marks on the cams.The book says to line up the small holes to a mark on the head. There are to many holes.

Which holes do I use? There are some very small holes... then a little bigger in a different position. I should have paid closer attention when I took it apart..But I figured the FSM would tell me what I needed to know.

A Picture or a better procedure would be great.

Can you help?:fingers-crossed-emo

Attached is PDF section from VMax service manual on replacing cams. It may vary from RSTC.

Gary

VMX12- Service-Manual Cam install.pdf

After hours of searching I found this....http://vmaxchat.yuku.com/topic/11324/How-to-replace-time-in-your-Camshafts

It would appear I am not te only one that has had trouble with this. The info in the manual is wrong... and misleading and really does not make sense. but this info looks to be excellent... I will apply this tonight and report back in hopes of helping others in the future.

Thank you

Pictures attached indicating timing holes in VMax camshafts.

#1 is both cams side by side

#2 is exhaust cam small hole

#3 is exhaust cam large hole

#4 is intake cam small hole

#5 is intake cam large hole (180 deg from small hole+/-)

Gary