IGNORED

Exhaust Help! ~ Arizona/Texas

gilgner

I have a set of used stock mufflers from an 05 RSV - one has some road rash, but they will at least get rid of the noise for you. You can have them if you want to swing through the Ruidoso, NM are on your way to Texas.

Goose

No, sorry djh3, but while I have no shortage of the 0 and 00 steel wool (I dabble in furniture repair/restoration on occasion), we (gilgner and I) have decided to limit ourselves to removing the LACs and installing the Yamahas. He has a little tag-a-long type trailer, so he can get the LACs back home and do with them whatever he wants; I have absolutely no use for them and I suspect that he's looking forward to seeing them gone, too. I can use the '05 RSTD muffs on the Venture (it's stripped to have all the color panels and accessories painted, so it'll be off the road for a while), and among the forums (two on Delphi, this one, and Star Parts and Trade [TimB's forum]) I've little doubt I can hunt up another pair, preferably unmolested, by the time the RSTD's ready to go back into action. Heck, I might just see if V7Goose is still interested in getting rid of his, and make him an offer - I'll be headed Chaco Canyon direction a bit later this year, and Lincoln County/Ruidoso isn't that far out of the way...

Ye gads - I do not believe he made it as far as he did - those LACs are loud, and that at idle; how he stood them at turnpike speeds I wouldn't even care to guess. Anyway, gilgner now has a pair of undrilled stockers, hope the rest of his trip is much more pleasant (as far as exhaust noise goes, anyway) than it has been to date. Betcha when he gets home someone on the forum can make a great price on a pair of LACs, too...

Folks, I'm in heaven! I can actually hear myself think. My gratitude is overflowing.

Thanks to all for the offers of help but especially to celticrhune for delivering and helping to install.

If anyone heads my way to Canada.. my doors are open and I'm looking for an opportunity to pay it forward.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Folks, I'm in heaven! I can actually hear myself think. My gratitude is overflowing.

Thanks to all for the offers of help but especially to celticrhune for delivering and helping to install.

If anyone heads my way to Canada.. my doors are open and I'm looking for an opportunity to pay it forward.

Good for you. We got a great bunch of folks on here. When are you going to join us?

RandyA