IGNORED

RSTD lower fairings

ssanchoo

I have a 1997 RSTD with a Wide Open fairing. I am looking for lower fairings that will fit my engine guards. There are a lot of Harley lower fairings on ebay but I do not know if they will fit my RSTD. Has anyone tried this. I am open to suggestions.

Thanks,

ssanchoo

Well SS,, I see no one chimed in here and I personally have never tried those lowers.. If I were you (and someone much more experienced than myself didnt answer this one) I would take a tape measure, a camera and a pad of paper.. Make some measurements on my bike - jot em down with some quick drawings, go down to a bike shop that has a few used HD's around and see what cha come up with. Take some shots with your camera if ya need to..

Like you said,, there are TONS of that stuff out there for HD's CHEAP (if you buy used).. Now if you were talking Tour Pacs,, might not be so cheap in the HD realm..

Also,, my buddy just picked up the COOLEST hard bags for his sporty - MADE IN CHINA STUFF but VERY NICE LOOKING!!! Came with blinkers mounted on the back (like the old HD FL's), black in color (matched his bike nicely).. Got em shipped to his door for 60 dollars.. Have NO idea if there is anything like that in lowers out there BUT,, might be worth a look,, never know nowadays..

Puc

A lot of Road Star guys use Harley lowers. Most of them use a Harley Crash bar they modify to fit their bikes then the lowers will work. You might check out the Road Star forum as well. Good luck and if you figure something be sure to share it with others!