IGNORED

$1.25 Throttle Lock

Guys this couldn't have been simpler. It may not be the perfect throttle lock, but it looks

fairly good and costs $1.25.

Okay, I was wanderering around Fred's (dollar store) and found a single pole sign holder.

Sorry I meant to take a before picture, but its a rod that has two loops about 9" apart.

Since I had already cut it, that's me holding it together. Hope you can see what I'm talking

about.

ThrotLk1.JPG

And the finished product after cutting one loop off and bending to final shape with my large Channel Locks. Took all of 5 minutes for project.

ThrotLk2.JPG

1: Sign holder with the two loops - $2.50

2: Makes two throttle locks at a cost of $1.25 each.

:dancefool:

Slick idea for sure!

Years ago I had a throttle lock on my Venture but I removed it. There are situations that can happen on the road where fiddling with a throttle lock can lead to bad results....or in my case it was 2 very close calls.:whistling:

Boomer....who sez his right hand is the best throttle lock he has ever had.

Slick idea for sure!

Years ago I had a throttle lock on my Venture but I removed it. There are situations that can happen on the road where fiddling with a throttle lock can lead to bad results....or in my case it was 2 very close calls.:whistling:

Boomer....who sez his right hand is the best throttle lock he has ever had.

I agree, but every once in a while on the long haul I just want to give my wrist a little break. It's really not unusual for me to ride 8 or nine hours for lunch, ie; Rome, GA M&E

I agree, but every once in a while on the long haul I just want to give my wrist a little break. It's really not unusual for me to ride 8 or nine hours for lunch, ie; Rome, GA M&E

I agree with you on the long haul use but I prefer to pull off and the give the whole body a break instead of just my right wrist. Heck I can't remember the last time I used my Cruise Control for that matter...:rotf:

Boomer....who sez frequent stops does wonders for old kidneys too...:whistling:

I've made those wire pieces before. I'd take a Go Cruise type any day over that.

And they don't 'LOCK' the throttle anyway, just add a little friction. I've had them on all my bikes except the RSTD.

I do use a 'throttle boss' though. Better than a 'cramp buster'.

Made mine out of a wire coat hanger and a scrap of vacuum line over it- $0

It's nice for relaxing your grip for a minute or so. Over bumps it does slip, plus when not in use it sticks up. I'd like a better one, but for free, I'm running it til I get my CC.

-Andrew

ThrottleLock.jpg

Made mine out of a wire coat hanger and a scrap of vacuum line over it- $0

It's nice for relaxing your grip for a minute or so. Over bumps it does slip, plus when not in use it sticks up. I'd like a better one, but for free, I'm running it til I get my CC.

-Andrew

Thanks for posting. It makes what I'm going to say easier.

I'm ashamed to admit it, but I was so sure it was going to work I didn't test

it prior to submission. It may be my standard grips or the tensile strength

of the wire, but it vibrates down pretty rapidly. I do think if I can get

a rubber ring up on the chrome part of the grip and put it over that it will

work. I think I've got an old bike tube here somewhere that should work for that.

I'm so sorry I'll get back to you on this issue. :95:

I've made those wire pieces before. I'd take a Go Cruise type any day over that.

And they don't 'LOCK' the throttle anyway, just add a little friction. I've had them on all my bikes except the RSTD.

I do use a 'throttle boss' though. Better than a 'cramp buster'.

Yes, I know it doesn't lock, but I couldn't think of a better term.

I'm back! I think a rubber ring is the answer. I used electricians tape up on the chrome section of the grip and the cruise control worked flawlessly. However: we know how long

electrical tape is going to last.

I didn't have that old tube, so I'm gonna have to look around for a piece of rubber and test it again. I didn't fail I only had a couple of things so far that didn't work. :fingers-crossed-emo

Mine holds up on smooth highways pretty well. The difference between yours and mine is that you just have a loop that can relax. I wrapped the coat hanger around the grip, then twisted it like a twist tie on a loaf of bread. I could then twist a little tighter to get a better grip or untwist if it was too tight. It doesn't loosen up at all, it's just bumps that get it to slip, and not all that much. The rubber vacuum line just makes it look more "finished" and not just a piece of twisted wire.

-Andrew

Mine holds up on smooth highways pretty well. The difference between yours and mine is that you just have a loop that can relax. I wrapped the coat hanger around the grip, then twisted it like a twist tie on a loaf of bread. I could then twist a little tighter to get a better grip or untwist if it was too tight. It doesn't loosen up at all, it's just bumps that get it to slip, and not all that much. The rubber vacuum line just makes it look more "finished" and not just a piece of twisted wire.

-Andrew

Another great idea. Thanks.

Pulled the tube out of the wifes bike and cut a piece 2" wide. The hard part was getting my looped rod over the rubber, what a PITA, but with a little persistence and a small dull screw driver I worked around until it was under.

It works ike a champ. Takes a pretty good pressure from the thumb to force down on the brake lever, but I'm a happy camper. :dancefool: