IGNORED

Windshield ?

I'd like to see a windshield like the flare that Clock Werks makes for HD. This makes it easy to have a short shield that also directs the airflow up and over the riders. Maybe someone already does, I don't know.

This is an interesting read about the physics of the wind in our face=== over the windshield:

http://www.calsci.com/motorcycleinfo/Fairing.html

VentureFar...

That is a very good article, Thank you. I'm not certain that a taller top section would solve the problem without testing it. I told Spencer I'd be happy to R+D/test one if he ever has one built. If it works I'd be happy to query the forum for interest. I suspect a nice big vent to allow some air in and up the back side of the windshield would help calm down the Vortex that's causes the shaking. Will report back if I do it. I'll likely try a nice big vent like a Goldwing or similar.

Jimbob66

We all have such different experiences but I want to share a safety issue with you - looking through the shield. I live in Los Angeles and two times on local mountain roads I have been in a turn and had my shield INSTANTLY fog opaque. Had I not been able to look over it INSTANTLY minus 1 second of panic - I wouldn't be here. When the shield fogs it is an interesting phenomenon of just the right temp and humidity at just the wrong time.

:whistling:

VentureFar...

Noted. Thankfully I have not experienced this ! Pucker factor of 9.87 out of 10.

Noted. Thankfully I have not experienced this ! Pucker factor of 9.87 out of 10.

I have experienced that also. It happens allot in Ohio when going up and down hills or over water ways. That's why I'm concerned about having a tall windshield on the RSV.