IGNORED

Peacemakers exhaust volume

Ion

I am really considering getting the Peacemakers exhaust. I know the volume of the pipes is a matter of preference. I have not seen/hear them in person and is hard for me to tell based on the videos I have seen how loud they are on the open position. I know a few members have them or might have seen them in person... can anyone tell me how they compare to other pipes?

I love the sound of the Monster Ovals but I'm a little lazy about spending that kind of mula and then having to rig it to fit the venture. Plus, I do like the option of being able to quiet them down in the morning while the bike warms up w/out waking up the neighbors.

I use to have a set of V&H cruzers on my previous bike and I liked them. But then again, with the FI I could crank and go.

So can anyone shed some light on how loud the loud setting would be?

I am really considering getting the Peacemakers exhaust. I know the volume of the pipes is a matter of preference. I have not seen/hear them in person and is hard for me to tell based on the videos I have seen how loud they are on the open position. I know a few members have them or might have seen them in person... can anyone tell me how they compare to other pipes?

I love the sound of the Monster Ovals but I'm a little lazy about spending that kind of mula and then having to rig it to fit the venture. Plus, I do like the option of being able to quiet them down in the morning while the bike warms up w/out waking up the neighbors.

I use to have a set of V&H cruzers on my previous bike and I liked them. But then again, with the FI I could crank and go.

So can anyone shed some light on how loud the loud setting would be?

Why??? Can't you hear your bike when it's running? If you like to be noisy then take the mufflers completely off, close your garage door, and rev it up until you can't stand it anymore. At least then you won't be pissing everybody off that you come in contact with.

Hey Ron,

I'm uncertain of what you are asking here. Are you asking me why I am considering spending double the money on a exhaust so I can be considerate to those around me and also enjoy the volume I like when I deem appropriate? Or are you asking me why it is that I enjoy loud pipes? If the latter, I'm gonna ask the rest of fellow riders here who have baron, bub, cobra, V&H and so forth to chime in.

Found this guys Venture with Peacemakers on YouTube. As you noted, hard to judge by a video but maybe it helps.

Sounded to me like this guy should have spent the money on getting the bike to run right before trying to get a ragged sound out of it.

Hey Ron,

I'm uncertain of what you are asking here. Are you asking me why I am considering spending double the money on a exhaust so I can be considerate to those around me and also enjoy the volume I like when I deem appropriate? Or are you asking me why it is that I enjoy loud pipes? If the latter, I'm gonna ask the rest of fellow riders here who have baron, bub, cobra, V&H and so forth to chime in.

Why, as an adult, do you feel that you need to change your exhaust system so you can simply make more noise? Does this enhance performance? I would hazard a guess that, without at least intake modifications etc, the performance will not be improved and may probably be less.

Your consideration for those around you is commendable, however, how do you interpret the parameters of this? In all likelihood the parameters of the noise you make is completely up to you and as such may offend many people within the scope of your noise production.

The day the law enforcement everywhere enforces their existing laws regarding all motor vehicle exhaust noise on our streets will be a step forward for average Joe Citizen over the whims of a few who enjoy making loud, uncomfortable noise for the majority of the populace. My New Years wish for you is to think about others and their rights to a reasonably quiet environment and not just when you deem it to be so. The rights of a few should be removed when they impinge on the rights of the majority.

I got a somewhat loud bike, and a somewhat quiet bike.

But my best advice is NOT to go by two things.

1) Don't go by what you hear on the internet.

2) Don't trust anyone to tell you what sounds good (even us).

Go somewhere there are several RSV's or RSTD's and listen to them.

(A VR Meet & Greet, a STAR Touring event, or ask your dealer who has a RSV/RSTD with non-stock.)

Trust my mistakes, that's the only way to get what YOU want.

EDIT: But, hold on to your stock mufflers. If you want to take a looooong trip you may want to throw them back on for it.

Edited by Mike G in SC

Mike G,

That is great advice. Specially comment about not getting rid of the stock mufflers. I had already thought about it. My wife is starting to ride with me. We have done couple 100 mls rides over the last few weeks and she is loving it so we will continue increasing the millage and doing some of those longer rides. It is really cool to be able to share my passion for riding with her. Anyway, back to the mufflers, having the stock ones just in case is a great advice. Thanks!!

Steve,

Thanks for the heads up. I am still trying to decide if the peacemakers are worth the extra :mo money:. My second option is actually the bubs. I have seen/hear those and I like them. I know they have some cosmetic defects (some flaking on the tips is quite common I believe) but I'm not too concerned about that. Nothing some time and a paint can can't fix!

I am waiting to receive a year-end bonus which will help pay for the pipes, but you know how that works, I don't know exactly when that check will come. Once I get it I'll reach out to you and if they are still available I will most likely snatch them out of your hands :):). That is an excellent price and while the volume control is a handy thing to have, the list of toys I want (NEED :whistling:) is fairly extensive so I could put the extra money towards an intercom or new shield for instance. :happy34:

Thank you