IGNORED

corbin 1 piece seat

wrenchrob

Hello all, I am presently looking at possibly purchasing a corbin seat. The seat is about 6 years old but apparently hasnt ever been installed on a bike. The seat presently does not have a backrest and my original seat on my bike does. I know I cant reuse my present backrest and the seller tells me I can purchase a bagrest for the corbin seat which I confirmed with my local dealer. The seller tells me its designed to have a hole cut in it to mount the backrest (this idea scares me). The dealer cant confirm how or if possible to add a backrest. Before I drive 2 hours to look at this I have a couple questions. Do any of you have a corbin seat and ifso do you have a backrest and did you install the backrest after the seat. Thanks Rob

I have the Corbin seat, it came with the cut-out for the backrest. There is a small flap of material that seals the cut-out with velcro when the back rest isnt used. There is a pc of hollow square stock that accepts the back rest post, make sure the seat has that or it wont support the back rest.

Craig

Just ask the guy, before you drive the distance, if there is a piece of leather that is attached on one side with Velcro. or have him take a picture and post here we will let you know. my seat is as Craig described. I'm not sure if Corbin made the seats both ways.. If not I would call Corbin to see if a backrest can be installed.