IGNORED

Carb Boots needed

DarrinGT

I am gonna need a set of Carb Holders for the 32MM Carbs. I am gong to do a Carb Swap this winter, just lining up the parts.

Pinwall does not have any right now but will be watching for them there as well.

If anyone has a set they could let go, please let me know.

Thanks!

Are you witnessing a leak? While they may look cracked, the carb boots are multilayered. Mine look horrible but are completely sealed.

If you actually have a leak, I would replace with new, not used.

RR

No leaks, I should have been more clear, I am replacing my 28MM Carbs with 32MM Carbs so I will need 32MM boots,...

If I can find some nice used ones ill get them, if not I will check into new ones, I have plenty of time.

Thanks

No leaks, I should have been more clear, I am replacing my 28MM Carbs with 32MM Carbs so I will need 32MM boots,...

If I can find some nice used ones ill get them, if not I will check into new ones, I have plenty of time.

Thanks

Reading comprehension is hard. You did say in the original thread you were working with 32mm carbs. I looked right past that. Good luck with the upgrade.

RR

I think you're going to have to bite the bullet and pick up an OEM set. I found cracks around the rim in the set I now have on the '99. I know they are multi-layered but there is nothing up around the carb throat. The cracks showed up when the carbs were mounted, but after removing them the cracks disappeared unless a little 'squeeze' was applied. I'm not saying they leaked, but there's a good chance they did. So a used set will look great until you really check closely. I also got tough with my local Y dealer and he shot me a price less than any I found on the net. :thumbsup2:

Thanks Condor,

I did call Yamaha they were about $170 for a set of 4,...but Today I had a member at Delphi sell me a brand new set for $95.00 shipped!,..Cant beat that!

Looks like I am all set, the parts collection is going well, cant wait to start working on the bike!