IGNORED

Chatterbox headset speaker

jdross440

The right speaker in my Chatterbox DNR headset has gotten to the point you can't hear it most of the time. When you can it is very weak compared to the left speaker. Basically you have to have the bike off to hear it. I plugged my wife's helmet set into the drivers plug and both of them in hers work good (I used my cord sets to make sure it wasn't them) so I know it's either the speaker or the wire from the speaker to the helmet mount. Does anyone know what would be a good speaker to replace the existing one with? I emailed Chatterbox and they haven't replied in over a week.

• 1 month later...

I found a speaker that is the same diameter and about the same thickness. It is only good for 0.5 watt but the headsets shouldn't see this much and the original speakers are marked .5 watt.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/151120234641...#ht_2124wt_922

Received the speaker and installed it today. It is a perfect fit. The sound is better than the original speakers and louder. I have ordered more for spares to replace the other speaker and have a pair for when a speaker goes out in my wife’s headset.

• 8 months later...

Those speakers didn't last long. I had to replace the same one again with the one I had bought as extra. That lasted 2 months. I have now purchased the following speakers with much more power handling capacity. I put one in last night. We will see if it last longer.

[ame=http://www.ebay.com/itm/251512975125?_trksid=p2059210.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT]1pcs Round Micro Speaker Diameter 30mm 8ohm 8R 2W | eBay[/ame]