IGNORED

rear shock fix

texasrices

It is my understanding, based on the plethora of discussions I have seen that the rear shock is NOT rebuildable. In fact, we have had a member (Rick Butler, I believe) take one apart to figure out why they failed to begin with (and presumably if there was anything we could do to get more life out of them) -- I am certain that if he had come up with a fix, many of us would still be riding on our original shocks.

I know that is not the news you wanted to hear, but, I guess it is just a weakness that our beasts have.

:080402gudl_prv:

-----

Freebird has one for sale in the classifieds here for $325.

http://www.venturerider.org/classifieds/showproduct.php?product=4773&title=stock-rsv-shockalmost-new-&cat=7

[To my knowledge, I will not be making any commission on that sale... unless Freebird feels generous :stickpoke::witch_brew:]

When my shock went, I got one "brand-used" from Rick Butler. After we got mine out, my friend that was helping me said "Look, the sticker on it says Do Not Disassemble". I said "you know what that means!" Yeah, we tried to take it apart. We cut the spring off, but couldn't get much further than that. And my buddy has a pretty complete metal shop. With my shock, it would take air and hold pressure, but would not lift the bike at all. I figure it has a rubber bladder in it that blew out so the air just filled the void.