IGNORED

coil cap seal

Is there such a thing.. Where the plug wire enters the coil there is a round cap that screws onto the coil and the wire goes through the cap. Is there something that is suppose to be in between the wire and the cap that tightens against the coil to hold the wire in place and to seal it? If so where can I get them? Not showing on the fiche..

Is there such a thing.. Where the plug wire enters the coil there is a round cap that screws onto the coil and the wire goes through the cap. Is there something that is suppose to be in between the wire and the cap that tightens against the coil to hold the wire in place and to seal it? If so where can I get them? Not showing on the fiche..

There is an o-ring inside of cap.

Snug fit over wire.

Gary

What is interesting is that my 89 has a thick rubber ( I guess ) o-ring looking thing as shown in picture 7 of Donvito's write up ( link below) . I just happened to pull the coils off of one of my 84 parts bikes on Tuesday and went out to see if they were good enough to give to you.

The 84 coils did not have them in it either. Sounds just like you described. Just the cap with the wires going through it screwed on. So the big question is.... are 84;s different then the MKII coil wire caps ?? :confused24:

http://www.venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=81742