IGNORED

I have an 83 venture with second gear gone

I just bought an 86 engine and got some vmax heads,with cams off an 85 v max for it. Is there any threads about installing the heads . The man I bought the 1300 from said it had around 200'000 miles on it. I was planning on a complete rebuild. On some forums I have heard some reference to undercutting the tranny. I dont know what this entails .Info on the subject would be much appreciated.

Go to the 1st gen tech section, and there is a write up on removing and replacing or repairing 2nd gear. One of our members here Venturous, did the undercut on his and has had not problems with his. Try to pm him and maybe he can help you out.

I just bought an 86 engine and got some vmax heads,with cams off an 85 v max for it. Is there any threads about installing the heads . The man I bought the 1300 from said it had around 200'000 miles on it. I was planning on a complete rebuild. On some forums I have heard some reference to undercutting the tranny. I dont know what this entails .Info on the subject would be much appreciated.