IGNORED

Turkeys

Venturous Randy

Linda and I took an absolutely beautiful ride over the mountain toward Asheville and rode some back roads I have never been on before. We did end up going through Hot Springs as part of our loop. We did have to do one little backtrack because I wanted to see if a closed road was really closed and yes, the road had dropped a couple hundred feet down to the river.

The weather and temperature were perfect and traffic was light, but we had two different encounters with wild turkeys. The first one was having a turkey on both sides of the road and we just slowed and went between them. Later on, we encountered another turkey that was in the road and I blew the air horns and it ran to the left side of the road, did a 180 and then flew back about head level right in front of us. Again, we had slowed down enough that we able to avoid it. We also had to slow once for a vulture in the road eating that was about as big as the turkeys.

For the type riding we did today, the V-Max rear was perfect. Only on the short section on the interstate did I want to shift one more time.

RandyA

WE have the damn things all over the D*MN place here! :backinmyday: Wife had one try to fly into the car drivers side window! I even shot one with the bow in my back yard in the spring!:whistling: Between them and the white tails really got to watch it when your riding the roads around my place.:confused24:

:mytruck1:

Will you and Linda be making a turkey run to Vogel. Its been quite some time since Charlene and I have seen you.

Linda and I took an absolutely beautiful ride over the mountain toward Asheville and rode some back roads I have never been on before. We did end up going through Hot Springs as part of our loop. We did have to do one little backtrack because I wanted to see if a closed road was really closed and yes, the road had dropped a couple hundred feet down to the river.

The weather and temperature were perfect and traffic was light, but we had two different encounters with wild turkeys. The first one was having a turkey on both sides of the road and we just slowed and went between them. Later on, we encountered another turkey that was in the road and I blew the air horns and it ran to the left side of the road, did a 180 and then flew back about head level right in front of us. Again, we had slowed down enough that we able to avoid it. We also had to slow once for a vulture in the road eating that was about as big as the turkeys.

For the type riding we did today, the V-Max rear was perfect. Only on the short section on the interstate did I want to shift one more time.

RandyA

Will you and Linda be making a turkey run to Vogel. Its been quite some time since Charlene and I have seen you.

We are not sure what we can do yet. Linda has started a part time job and they are using her for some fill in. This week she is working today and Friday and sometimes she works weekends. It is in a nursing home, so it goes 24/7.

We would love to come down that way and see you and Charlene and let her meet some more members. She had a great time at MD year before last and loves the Asheville rally. So, we will just have to play it as it goes.

RandyA