IGNORED

Recent upgrades

Just did a couple upgrades to my 90 VR and wanted to share with others maybe contemplating the same things.

De-linked the brakes. I did this on a low budget and used the front lines and splitter from an 86 V65 Magna, then gutted the proportioning valve and blocked the front passage on the rear mc. I love it! I never liked having to use my foot for front brake. The MKII calipers are plenty potent, I'm able to lock front or rear on command now.

4 brush starter. Did the ground mod on the 2 brush shortly after I purchased the bike. Wish I had just done the 4 brush at that time. Last week we were going to take off on a nice ride, bike failed to start in the driveway. I guess I can be thankful it didn't happen 500 miles from home. Got on ebay and purchased a 98 starter from Pinwall, total of $62. Arrived today and installed, bike has never started so good. I inspected brushes before install and they looked practically new, parts bike had 80k miles on it.

Beautiful weather here today, going to go out and enjoy it. :thumbsup2:

I wouldn't eliminate the front left brake!

When you consider 70-80% of your braking comes from the front brake, I would want to keep as much as possible.

EDIT....I see you have a trike...maybe more braking with rear but still wouldn't eliminate any!

I want to put on stainless lines and delink...but I would never intentionally reduce the braking power on these beasts!

I replaced the banjo bolt with a metric bolt from the hardware store, don't remember the exact size.

There is absolutely no way I would recommend eliminating the use of one of the rotors. The less than stellar response of just the right rotor is the main reason I de-linked.

I replaced the banjo bolt with a metric bolt from the hardware store, don't remember the exact size...

Could you find one short enough at a hardware store? I couldn't, so I stuck the plug bolt from the rear master reservoir in with a copper washer, then stuck a longer bolt in the reservoir with a nut to take up space. Works great, no cost to me.

-Andrew

Could you find one short enough at a hardware store? I couldn't, so I stuck the plug bolt from the rear master reservoir in with a copper washer, then stuck a longer bolt in the reservoir with a nut to take up space. Works great, no cost to me.

-Andrew

So the plug I need is the same size as the reservoir plug.

Thanks

-Andrew

I did the same thing and went for ride, front hand brake is still good and the rear are a lot better. But I noticed the left front caliper or line is leaking ,brake fluid is dripping off my rotor cant tell where its coming from, didnt do any work in that area. Maybe I need to take the line loose at the caliper.

I did the same thing and went for ride, front hand brake is still good and the rear are a lot better. But I noticed the left front caliper or line is leaking ,brake fluid is dripping off my rotor cant tell where its coming from, didnt do any work in that area. Maybe I need to take the line loose at the caliper.

So do you have a splitter to run both front calipers off the front master?