IGNORED

Known good TCI?

Would anybody (Dingy) who happens to have a known good TCI for 90-93 MK2 be willing to part with theirs for a week or two for testing/backup purposes? I will be making a 600 mile trip in short order but I've been experiencing issues with the fuel pump relay lately. Don't know if it's the relay itself or maybe the command coming from the TCI. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Perhaps a known good FP relay to be shared temporarily as well might be a good idea. I'd really rather not have this thing conk out on me during my trip, in which timing will be crucial.

Anybody? (Dingy?)

:fingers-crossed-emo

Sawed off ears would be fine- mine is relocated to the left fairing where the radio used to be.

Any idea what the 3100rpm hiccup was? Has this one been re-dioded or is still in stock format?

• 2 weeks later...

I received PH's TCI and (hope he doesn't mind!) put my Dremel to work on the connector blades... polished them up good with a mini wire brush thing. Tried er out on the way to work today... seems to operate no different than mine (wouldn't expect anything different, really). I did not notice any dropouts or hiccups at or anywhere near 3100 rpm. Seems ok in all RPM ranges I've ridden at (under 4500 for the most part) so far.

On the other hand, I have not noticed any pump dropouts since I first made this thread. I plumbed in a monitoring LED at the fuel pump connector so it would be obvious while riding if the pump lost power, but it hasn't happened to me again in a couple hundred miles. Maybe I disturbed a funky connection somewhere along the line.

600 mile trip comin up this weekend- we'll see what happens.

:fingers-crossed-emo

...put my Dremel to work on the connector blades... polished them up good with a mini wire brush thing.

AWW!

You ruined it!

The 3100 rpm hiccup seemed to only do it when at a steady cruise. And then only occasionally.

I'm imagining a vibratory harmonic or something.

I dunno.

That's why I went with the Ignitech. Alleviates one more thing to worry about.