IGNORED

radio and cb no power??

ok on my 91 vr I cant get power to the radio or cb. T least thats what I assume as I have no idea or tools to find out. So the back story is I had battery problems and the need of a new front tire. Those issues have been fixed. When the battery was installed I noticed that the radio would work but would not hold it memory more than a few minutes after I turn the bike off. Also everytime I cranked it no matter if the the radio held memory or not the speaker setup was switched to headset only.

Now a few weeks later and all the starting issues are fixed the radioi and cb with not power up. I checked the fuses and all seem working . Everything else on the bike powers up and works as its supposed to.

Im at the end of my knowledge so any help will be apreciated.

Thanks in advance

David

Fuses can LOOK okay, but the fuse holders can be dicey. You say you have no tools. How about a 12 volt test light (a light bulb)? Check the fuse holders for juice on BOTH sides of the fuse.

Also, check the fuse in the OTHER fuse holder (black rectangular box in front of the battery) and especially check the "BACKUP" fuse for consistent continuity.

Fuses can LOOK okay, but the fuse holders can be dicey. You say you have no tools. How about a 12 volt test light (a light bulb)? Check the fuse holders for juice on BOTH sides of the fuse.

Also, check the fuse in the OTHER fuse holder (black rectangular box in front of the battery) and especially check the "BACKUP" fuse for consistent continuity.

thanks......it was the other fuse holder.........fuse had actually fell out and another was on its way........again many thanks as that fuse holder wasnt even in my knowledge...I had no idea it was even there.

David