IGNORED

Now that's close!

dfitzbiz

Hate things like that. Just yesterday on my way home from work on the bike, following an oilfield company pickup pulling a trailer, with a semi in the left lane next to us. Just as the pickup I was following, pulled ahead of the semi, a garden rake flew out of the bed of the pickup, missed the trailer all together and went bouncing down my lane from one end of the rake to the other, kind of like it was playing "hop-scotch". First I wanted to dodge it, then I locked up the brakes.......then I just let it hit my bike, as it seemed like the safest thing to do. I ran flat over it with a huge thud, then pulled up next to the pickup and waved him over to the side of the road. Told him what happened and we took a quick look for damage. Surprisingly, only a little scuff on the lower right cowling and a small gouge on the lower right front fork tube by the axle bolt. I told him his rake was laying in the highway and he might want to go pick it up. When I got home, I looked things over better, in case I needed to make a few phone calls to the oilfield company and my insurance, but never found anything else......sure happens quick!

Creole