IGNORED

venture royale muffler question

I have an 83 venture with stock mufflers. The mufflers have been gutted as the baffles inside were rotten and fell apart. The outside of the mufflers are near perfect. The bike is very loud and rather annoying to ride any distance. Would a set of 93 venture mufflers fit an 83? Or is there a way to rebaffle the existing ones?

a set off a 93 will fit but you need to make a bracket to bolt them to. I did that and am happy. Your 83 mufflers bolt up to the rear foot peg bracket and the 86 and up bolt up to a tab sticking out of the frame. You would most likely need a longer bolt for the frame member where you make up the bracket..

That's the problem, I can't hear the radio. I just purchased a set from a 93 off Ebay. When i get them I will figure out a way to mount them up. Depending on the overall condition I may weld a mount to them to line up with the footpeg mount on the 83. Or weld a mount to the frame to line up with the 93 muffler mount.

OK....total highjack here...... And I know I'm going catch it for this one!

Loud pipes save lives,,,,

Not to mention irritate everyone in a 1/2 mile radius....give bikes a bad rep.....and give fellow bikers headaches after riding behind them for more than 10 min.

Loud pipes are just to inflate the ego of those who are suffering from "bad boy wanna be"

I would rather just have loud horns when needed

But then....that's just my opinion.:whistling:

OK....whose got the popcorn?

That's exactly where I ended up. Full circle. Years ago I started by drilling my stock mufflers. Then I built a baffle/plate for the end with holes that I could turn to match or block off the drilled holes. Wasn't that great. Then I went with a set of Samson's for a while. WAY too loud. Then I installed a set of Khromewerks, excellent quality and could be re-packed. Still got old after a while. Finally went back to stock a few years ago and am perfectly happy now. I went with the RSTD mufflers though. They are a direct bolt on with the only difference being that they have tips that can be turned different ways for a different look. I really like them and it is Sooooooo peaceful. :)

yes loud pipes do irritate ,,

is the irritation factor to much , depends on your feelings

i have been doing cars since I was 13 old enough to see over the steering wheel..

we went to races a lot

built a lot of cars , more than I am old and I am 47 fixing to be 48

In my life i have hit 3 deer , allways lived in the country,, all 3 were hit by a quiet vehicle ,, ran over many squirrels and possums

I have never seen the squirrels do hand shakes when a set of glass packs come around the corner , like the commercial

a friend hit a moose in a pinto once ,,quiet car,, ,

the deer get out of the way ,,, way off the road , when i come through

and this bike dont dodge anything ,if you dont see it way off ,it is dead,, curves great .just dont do quick turns to dodge an animal ,, boy scout ,, jehova's witness in the road .. ran over a concrete block on the interstate ,, any other bike i have ever rode would of had to stop.. not only to look at bike, to clean myself,, couldnt stop right then and if something was wrong i couldnt fix it on the freeway,,

just saying it is sometimes better to be seen and heard too