IGNORED

What seat is this?

Mike G in SC

Looks like it's seat trivia week.

A biker aquantince from across country was selling some seats, Road Star and Venture he said. Not sure what year Road Star he had.

He said he has a 2004 Venture and pulled & boxed the stock seats a couple of weeks after getting the bike. They are like new.

So, I got the Venture seats, or so we thought. He sent a box with a set of seats.

The tape was old, so he did box and label years ago.

They are pictured below. They are not the plush seats for later years. They are more saddle and pillion like a Road Star.

The rider seat does not have the two screw posts in front. Instead it has plastic hooks to insert to a holder up front. The back of the seat has a bright metal tab made for one bolt.

The passenger seat is more pillion size, also has plastic hooks and at the back, a metal tab for a bolt.

Seems like my 2001 Road Star had a metal loop up front to hook to a cable lock from under the seat. This does not.

The guy will look in his garage to see what is still boxed. But for now, don't know what they fit.

The last 2 pictures below also has my 2009 RSV seats for comparison.

Anyone know what bike they are for?

Oh, and if you are looking, they may be available when me and him figure this out.

Thanks, Mike G.

If there is any cryptic numbers molded into the plastic of the seat base, there may be a clue. Yamaha prefixes are indicated of models (kinda). For instance, any part number beginning with 26H was used on the First Gen Ventures (and others), 1FK was First Gen V-Max, 4XY was often used on Second Gen Ventures, etc. Depending on year the Road Star might have 5VR for a part number prefix.

Possible V-Star 1100

Looks like you know your V-Star.

I looked on eBay and found same model seats for a V-Star 1100 Silverado.

Now I will probably try to sell them local instead of shipping back to WI.

The PO is a nice guy and probably has been through various Yamaha's over the years.

He just forgot to make sure he marked them right years ago.

I think I have a shed full of seats and mufflers too.

Thanks again, Mike G.