IGNORED

Barron Bag Slash Pipes

chag67

Just had my new Barron Slash Bag pipes installed on my 2007 RSV. They are very deep and "throaty". Cagers will definitely hear me coming now. My girlfriend wears a full helmet so I don't think ear plugs will be necessary for her. I, on the other hand, like to wear a half helmet. I will definitely need ear plugs for the long highway rides.

Just my opinion but, they (cagers) don't here you coming, they hear you going. I hear pretty good and I don't hear loud pipes until they are next to me or ahead of me. Don't get me wrong, I love the sound of loud pipes as long as I don't have to listen to them long.

Yea kind of where I was. I put a set of straight cut HD muffs on. On a longer trip of 2200 miles I couldnt wait to get them off. But I like the deeper sound. So I found a set of slash cut HD muffs. I like the looks of those much better anyways. It might be my imagination as the db rating on both in the stamped area is the same. But I think the slashs are a tick more paletable. At 70 I dont think they are much louder than the OEM. I just wired up a plug system so I can plug in ear buds to hear music with the 1/2 helmet. Should also knock some of the "blap" out. Havent taken a trip with the boss yet to see if she has any objections. I do have the OEM's in the attick incase they get the nix.

Yeah. I will be listening to music through my headset on longer rides. Plus on longer highway rides, I like wearing a full helmet. That will muffle the sound quite a bit. I like the louder pipes and have always wanted them on my Boulevard. I just didn't want to spend the money on that bike because I knew it was temporary.

I really like the sound when riding in the city. My neighbors get a wake up call in the morning when my bike is warming up.

These are fantastic sounding pipes. I cannot stand obnoxiously loud bikes and cars but I can appreciate one that sounds good. These pipes definitely sound good without sounding unnatural [if that makes sense].

I only put mine on every once and a while -- with the kind of riding I do, I just got tired of the drone after a few hours in the saddle. One of these days I will get around to posting an ad in the classifieds to send them to a good home...

Enjoy yours! :thumbsup2: