IGNORED

Rear wheel removal

I have a 2006 RSV 54K miles. I removed my rear wheel, first time I have done this on my own. I appreciate the write up provided on this forum. Pictures and instructions were fantastic. As i'm pulling the axle out I am making note of the washer as instructions indicated. The only problem.........there was no washer! Anyone knew the size/thickness for this washer? Figure I better pick one up just want to make sure it is the correct size!.

I have a 2006 RSV 54K miles. I removed my rear wheel, first time I have done this on my own. I appreciate the write up provided on this forum. Pictures and instructions were fantastic. As i'm pulling the axle out I am making note of the washer as instructions indicated. The only problem.........there was no washer! Anyone knew the size/thickness for this washer? Figure I better pick one up just want to make sure it is the correct size!.

I would recommend that you go straight to your closest Yamaha shop or get online and order this direct from the company. These different tolerances are important to the true running of your rear tire/wheel. Lat alone your safety. Then make sure you put the washer and the rest of the wheel back together slowly and precisely. Much easier to remove than to put back correctly. Take your time here.

:thumbsup2: :thumbsup2: :thumbsup2:

Guest tx2sturgis

Double check. Its there. If not, either your brakes would have been dragging, or the wheel would have been loose, or worse.