IGNORED

Having my front forks lowered

hubbsfd

You mentioned handling... While my bike was up on the bike lift when I was installing the Barons rear lowering kit, I checked the date the tires were manufactured, (week/year shown where the DOT stamp is). The front was only a couple of years old but the rear was 6 years old! To play it safe, I bought a new front and rear tire, but instead of replacing them with the same Dunlops, I bought a pair of Avon Venom-X tires, (sticking with the OEM sizes for both). This was based soley on good reports I'd heard about improved handling of the RSV with the Avon's. I bought the reinforced version of the Venom-X's, which Avon touts as being designed for heavy touring bikes and man, what a difference over the Dunlops, especially on the turns! Just some food for thought if you want dramatically improved handling and you happen to be in the market for a new set of tires.

I appreciate your advice and experience. I actually am in the market for new tires. I have looked at the Avon Venoms and the reinforced ones at that. I also notice the rear Venom 150/90 15 size is just a tiny bit lower profile than the Dunlop which would also help take some of the geometry back after the front fork lowering. As I said I like the lower but thought maybe 3/4" might have been better than the full 1". I just don't want to go back through raising them for that little bit. So the Venoms might just be exactly what I need. I'll give them a second look. Thanks again.