IGNORED

Dunlop E3 pricing -3 years later!

ablumny

I wonder if the front shock's air pressure has anything to do with tire wear? Since the bike was new, I have left the front air pressure at 0#. I just bought a zero-loss pump a few weeks ago. Now have them set at 5#, which I do like better.

Of course, I have now commited the number one troubleshooting sin. I have changed two things at the same time. Tire pressure and fork pressure. So, if by chance I do get better tire mileage, I won't know for sure why. Oh well, I can live with that.

Oh NO...you changed two things at once.:whistling:

Thta's okay, as long as it improves your tire mileage. FTIW, I run between 5 and 7 psi in the front forks of my '06 RSMTD.

And, yes, you goofballs, the air pressure in your front forks does have affect on the front tire wear. :(

:backinmyday:

As I have sat and read all of these posts, I am wondering where you are getting the higher tire pressures from? Where has the 40 -41 numbers come from? I have installed an E3 on the rear and have been keeping it at the recommend pressure based on the sticker. I have been happy with the tire except in rain. It appears to hydroplane and become more slippery when wet. This has been a noticeable change over past tires.. So much more noticeable that it is a bit uncomfortable when I hit heavier rain. I have no problem adjusting the pressures to see what happens, but do you believe this will address more wet handling or make it worse? I have started to see a slight cup (very minor) to the tire and am currently at 9500 miles. I also ride solo 98% of the time(this is an issue and probably deserves is own post!!! LOL) and weight about 180lbs. I have a metzler on the front (11,000 miles) and have had odd handling since around 2500miles (again a separate issue). I have just started to look to replace the front with the E3 but the wet weather issues with the rear has me concerned. I also have 0lbs in the front forks.

I should also mention that I have a sport bike as well, and on that bike i am running the tires 5-7lbs less than sticker.. This is help the stickiness and keeping the tires warmer during use. This has made a huge difference in how well it handles and how hard I can take the corners.

:bagpipes-emoticon: