IGNORED

Any Valkyrie owners in the house?

M61A1MECH

I have had a request from Valk rider to make an auxillary harness for his Valkyrie to hook up to a trailer, I found a wiring schematic for a standard Valk, it shows two connectors for the tail/brake/signal circuits. A 4 pin for the left and right turns and then a 3 pin for the tail/brake lights. I could use some help getting photos of the connectors so I can match them up.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Hey m61. Ya we have a couple. In fact there is an entire wiring harness to a valk tourer hanging in my sons garage next door. In talking with him about ur request, he suggested u first try a forum he is a member of called valkyrieforum.com

It can take a couple days for them to allow u a logon but u should find technical help there. If no help, feel free to PM me and we will help any way we can. Ride safe, James

Ok Steve I just walked over and took a few, but I dont think they are going to be what your after. The first few pictures are from a valk interstate rear fender. The plug is going only to blinkers as interstate has tail light in trunk. If I remember from the standard, there are two of these, one for blinks one for tail.

The next picture is of the wiring harness from a standard. I do not have the box plugs from it. But these plugs are what goes to the rear of the bike.

Hope this helps some.

James

Thanks does help a bit, I think this one is going to be a sticky one with the way Honda does their wiring, I was looking at a similar harness made by someone else that fits a Goldwing , it has wires going every where, I suspect the Valk harness is very similar the the GL harness.

I can use the one picture to start trying to track down a source for that style.

Thanks

Thanks, well that is interesting, I cannot compete with that price, but I wonder if it has all functions needed to take brake, tail and turns thru to the trailer, it looks like it only has 4 wires.

I'm not sure to be honest. The Valkyrie I had came with a trailer and had this type wiring on it. I never checked to see if it worked assumed it did. I sold the trailer and things related the day I bought it.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks, the fellow that originally need the help has decided to take a different route so I will not be making a harness for him. Seems that Honda like to use single bullet style connectors for the tail lights, which could stiil be adapted if ione wanted to do so.