IGNORED

XM and Garmin

halfwitt

I apologize if this has all been covered before. I have partial answers but not the whole thing...

I have an XM and a Garmin (I know - should've had the Zumo with the built in XM - but the Nuvi 350 was free). I would like to run the audio from the XM through the aux on the back of the cassette. I think I can handle that part. My tunes would then play through the dash.

Ideally, I would like to run the audio from the Garmin through the 5 pin headset line. How can I tap into that?

Lastly, what is a tidy way of running switched power to both of these devices?

Thank you in advance!

I don't think you will be able to run each sound separately through the RSV's system being able to run one through speakers and other through headset . I believe you can run them both at the same time placing 2 splitters under the fairing , but each sound would drown out each other when both produce sound . If you want both running separately , I would look into either the XM or GPS to have its own speakers system . Running one through the RSV sound and the other external speakers . I could be wrong , but at least each is isolated .

Switches , I recommend a switch block . Here is where I got mine , http://www.wingstuff.com/pgroup_detail/14_Show_Chrome/20159_Chrome_Brake_Side_LED_Accessory_Switch_Block/

I ran my power source straight from the battery . It was quite simple for me to do .Took me about 1/2 hour to install , including running the wires under the tank .

BEER30