IGNORED

LED Stop Light '86 Venture. two VS three wires

I'm connecting a Stop LED Light to my '86 Venture, my problem is I don't know what wires to connect to. The new light comes with just two wires, black and white/black and the wires coming from the bike to the housing lights comes with three wires yellow, blue and black.

Could somebody please tell me what wire colors to match with? Enclosed pics.

The last picture is my clutch switch in need of repair. I know the part number to replace it (thanks to this forum) but the places I've called tell me it is no longer available. Anyone knows where I can get it?

Thank you so much.

Rudy

[ATTACH]74182[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]74183[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]74184[/ATTACH]

Yup!! Yammy's color code is Yellow for brake, Blue for running lights, and Green or Brown for turn signals. Without going out to the garage to check, I think green is left but I'm not totally sure.

The clutch switch can be disassembled and serviced, there is a tech note somewhere done by Dingy. Also the clutch and brake switches are interchangeable if your bike has cruise. The wire colors are different but they plug in the same. That being said I might have a new one for you, I'll check later and get back to you...

Hi guys:

Light installed, thank you so much, followed your instructions, yellow wire is the stop light.

Pics.

As for the switch, no problem. I'm going to look for that post on how to service it.

Thanks again.

[ATTACH]74196[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]74197[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]74198[/ATTACH]