IGNORED

Indoor/Outdoor Covers

Condor

Been meaning to post about this for a couple of weeks now. With no room in the garage the bikes have to spend the winter outside in the elements. So I'm always on the search for a durable outside cover that isn't going to break the bank.

On eBay there is a seller who has been offering an all weather cover. I bought one to give it a try. It's good. The brand is Dura-Shield You have to be carefull as he also offers a lighter style too. This one is all black and doesn't have the standard silver panel oround the bottom. I liked it so much I just picked up another one. The material is heavier so it's not going to be something you want to stuff in the saddle bag...it can be done but takes up a lot of room.... The bungee around the base is also the strongest I've experienced and goes all the way around the bottom. It ain't going nowhere. There are better covers out there that are good for the weeklys or overnighters. The price delivered to your door step is $37 bucks and you can't beat it with a stick. I highly recomend them.

HERE"S ONE

Edited by Condor

I've had a Dura-Shield since I bought my bike in "06. I used it primarly when I stored the bike over the winter months (inside) but carried it for my longer overnight runs when the bike was going to be outside. Been a great cover. Still used it for covering the bike during the winter just to keep it clean. No wear spots or cuts so far.

I think I got it for $25.00 bucks back then. Happy with the investment.

I bought mine directly from DuraShield. Same price, shipped free. Good insulated/lined cover and even has neat little vent thingys at the mirrors. Holds up really well. I got the silver heavy duty cover.

It is a snug fitting, stay on in hurricane winds cover. Even comes with it's own bungies.

well I have use motorcycle covers and I really don't care for them. There just a big pain in the butt. So I decided to do some research and I found the bike barn. This is the best solution if you have to store you bike outside. Yes I know its 400 bucks but its alot cheaper then a shed or garage.

http://www.thebikebarn.net/tourermodel.html

Jack,

went to site and it's $29.99 starting bid, "not" buy it now?

Generally it never goes any higher than the $29.99. Put in your bid for the $30 bucks and if someone bids over, so what, there'll be another....?? Or... like Steve see if you can buy one directly from DuraShield with the free shipping.

Thanks, I've been ookin for one to keep those darn cats off of my bike in the garage.

Also will need when I head out west...to keep the prying eyes at bay...LOL

Yep, when motel'n it a lot can be said about keeping the scoot under cover... I sleep better.... :) I think I'd go for the lighter cover as long as it's kept in a garage, and it packs smaller when traveling... They're not going to fall apart in a month. UV is the biggest killer of MC Covers, and there ain't much UV at night in a motel parking lot. No UV and it should last for many years. However for those of us that are garaged challenged the all weather is the way to go.