IGNORED

powder coat

Solodadof2

My brother in law does powder coating and has done mag wheels for cars. He said depending on prep time and variables ( one color versus two colors on wheel) that cost should be around $50.00 to $75.00 per wheel ( ballpark). Depends on the variables of course. He said you should be able to find someone local where you can drop the wheels off versus shipping them which would drive price up.

My brother in law does powder coating and has done mag wheels for cars. He said depending on prep time and variables ( one color versus two colors on wheel) that cost should be around $50.00 to $75.00 per wheel ( ballpark). Depends on the variables of course. He said you should be able to find someone local where you can drop the wheels off versus shipping them which would drive price up.

Agree with the above. If you can find a local operator they can tell you what needs done on the prep work and a lot of it you can do yourself and save some money. My local guy does it for $60 a wheel if ready and goes up from there if he does the prep. :2cents:

Look in the yellow pages in your area and you should be able to find someone local Price should run around 60-70 bucks depending on color and prep.If you want a recomendation try Skinney's Restorations in Orem UT,run by Lonnie Woodard (loonair@hotmail.com)

I had the front wheel of my 86 VR done several years ago in a color close to the darker brown color and I really liked it.It set the bike off.I removed the seal and wheel bearings and disks myself. I had the person who did it leave the polished edges uncoated,only coating the black part, then i polished the edges. I think I paid about $40 ten/12 years ago.