IGNORED

New Tomtom one

midnightventure

Velcro. Seriously. It is what the previous owner of my new scoot used.

He kept the GPS, but left me the mounting patch of velcro on the scoot.

I'm afraid to try to remove it from custom paint, so I may just have to put 'something' there.

Velcro. Seriously. It is what the previous owner of my new scoot used.

He kept the GPS, but left me the mounting patch of velcro on the scoot.

I'm afraid to try to remove it from custom paint, so I may just have to put 'something' there.

Use Goo Be Gone and soak the velcro, wait about 5 min and it will come off without bothering the paint. Soak a cloth in it and you will be able to clean up any left over glue. Goo Be Gone won't hurt paint.

Velcro.....I'm afraid to try to remove it from custom paint, so I may just have to put 'something' there

You can use a basic hair dryer and heat the velcro up, which makes the adhesive warm and plyable..then you can slowly pull it off with out damaging the custom paint.. Once it is off you can use plain ol-WD40 on a cotton cloth and it will wipe the adhesive residue off really easy.. Then you can break out your can of wax and wax that area..

Food for thought...

If you leave the Velcro on the custom paint job, after time, the paint will fade except for whats UNDER the velcroe...

IF and when you remove it, you will have discoloration in your custom paint job... :whistling:

Thanks for good ideas to get velcro square off. It's smack in the middle of my top cover.....& I just don't NEED anything there.

I use both methods as soon as it warms up.

Nav told me she wants a GPS...didn't see that coming. I don't know why she wants one since she is a definately a top notch Navigator.

She can look at a map & remember hundreds of miles of turns, including many alternate routes.

Myself, I can get real lost 50 miles from my driveway.