IGNORED

Who all lives in Columbia, SC?

PuttPutt

Venture and Royal riders, brothers or sisters...I really need to borrow a tach. I have my mix all out of whack. I am a tinker, and started messin with that dang screw and now I cant get it right with this multimeter/tach deal I have. I have a brand new Carbtune Pro that you can use if you would like to. Heck, anyone on this site that lives around here can use it if needed. Thank you all, I am about to pull my hair out!

David,

I live in Lugoff (off I-20 exit 92).

I don't have a mechanics tach but I do have a Barons Bullet Tach that I bought used a while back but did not install. This may serve your purpose if you know how to hook it up (I got to find it first). You can borrow it a week or two and bring it back.

You can look in my profile for my cell number or send me a PM. I will be home this evening if you mean ASAP.

Mike G in SC

Edited by Mike G in SC

Let me do a little reading on the bullet...I think I read somewhere that you dont want to use the tack hardwired to the bike to set the idol mix? Why?I dont know what the difference would be. Is it a more spot on reading via the plug wire? Look...I has to be better then this bouncing around thing I thought I got a deal on. I just live off 77 on Windsor Lake...rain tomorrow so let me give you a ring and let you know. Thanks once again!

I guess I should have said awhile back, I called and they said they don't have them the salesman acted like he had no clue what I was talking about. Now I am on a mission to find a store that loans them.

Edited by etcswjoe

If you get stuck, Extreme Sports Yamaha in Sumter knows their stuff.

Good dealer, not a stealer. Others in this area give them a A+.

A few weeks ago they set the mix (and I think sync) for under $100 on a friend's Venture. His bike went from rough to smooth.

Their primary tech Matt is the best I have seen (don't anyone tell him I said that).

Mike G.