IGNORED

Colortune on front cylinders????

I ordered and received a Carbtune and Colortune this week. I was very impressed with the personal service used on my order. I have no problems with setting up and using the Carbtune. However, I haven't figured out how to install and read the front two cylinders with the Colortune. I have managed to get the plug in and hook up the lead, but I can't get a visual on the glass to see the flame color. The adapter with the mirror is too long to set up without removing the tank. Is there a trick that I haven't figured out yet? I just want to know what method everyone else is using. :think:

I usually remove the tank and use an external fuel cell I made

I never use the pariscopes on anything but a first gen

you can call me at 9196735095 from 9am to 9 pm est any day if you need me to talk you through any part of either service options

Jeff

Thanks Jeff. I was thinking I might have to get creative and make an external gas tank. My other thought was to use a hand held inspection mirror to get a view. The only problem with that is I would have to first buy one (I need one anyway) then work in a darkened area to be able to see a good picture. I'll give you a call if I need any assistance.

Thanks Jeff. I was thinking I might have to get creative and make an external gas tank. My other thought was to use a hand held inspection mirror to get a view. The only problem with that is I would have to first buy one (I need one anyway) then work in a darkened area to be able to see a good picture. I'll give you a call if I need any assistance.

Anyone needing an external gas tank need look no further than their lawnmower :)

Don't waste money on some fancy "motorcycle" tool.

Well I removed the tank and used the suggestion of the lawnmower (actually a pressure washer) gas tank. The setup worked perfectly. I still have a problem though. The extention lead from the colortune plug to the plugwire is arching everywhere. The plug only fires about once every 10 tries. The rest of the time it's arching at the plug wire or the metal clip on the extension lead. I tried to reposition the lead and also changed the cap on the wire with no luck. Any suggestions? :think:

On a side note.....Anyone who is on the fence about buying a Carbtune.......GET OFF THE FENCE!!!!!!!!! It's the best $100 you'll ever spend on this bike. I have been using my homemade carb sync for the last 2 years and was satisfied with my results. I finally bought a Carbtune and used it yesterday for the first time. I did need to adjust all 4 carbs twice to get them set. That took all of 30 minutes from begining to end. It's like a new bike. The smoothness and throttle response is better that I can ever remember. :thumbsup: