IGNORED

Clutch slave leak/replacement + middle gear gasket?

I'm fixing to replace my slave assembly pretty soon, getting tired of topping off my clutch fluid every 2 weeks or so. I want to have everything ready so I ordered a new slave, which looks like it has the piston and spring inside (big wad of grease inside). I can't find if there is a gasket for the middle drive gear? Do y'all use permatex or am I missing this gasket in the parts diagrams somehow? Thanks in advance

Thanks dingy!!

bmxndad, the part I got is 1FK-16381-11-00, they call it a "push lever comp", ordered through metricpartsoutlet.com. I think it's the right thing... cost $65.99 plus shipping. I was going to get the rebuild kit, but read on here it's not a sure thing to work. I'm kinda new to getting this far into a bike with maintenance and repairs, so I'm still learning...

Nice catch, I'm glad you let me know, but the part numbers do come out correct according to my parts list for my '99. Maybe they didn't change the parts between the first and second gens? Anyway, thanks again, and I'll be sure to update my profile since you were kind enough to help a newb out with the instructions link.

• 2 weeks later...