IGNORED

info on my cushman

Snarley Bill

i'm getting alot of folks interested in my cushman, which i was'nt expecting. it's for sale but not quite yet. there are a few bugs that i need to iron out before i sell it. here's the scoop. it is a 58 pacemaker. that looks original on the outside almost. it has a honda 390 cc clone engine that is built to the hilt. with a comet cvt automatic transmission. it is electric start, has a custom made hydraulic disc brake in the front, overcize polished aluminum wheels with tubeless motorcycle type tires. it is absolutely gorgeous, and has a $2000,00 dollar two tone paint job. silver and medium blue clearcoat. the bugs i need to iron out have to do with safety. i overbuilt the engine and it is just to fast for the particular model it is. i took it to georgia last summer and had a few close calls in the curves. it will probably run over 70mph like it is. i would'nt want anyone getting hurt. when i get time i want to detune it a little. smaller carb, and stock head. it is very well engineered. i built it last winter and rode it about 400 miles. i put $6000.00 in it not including my labor. i will want $6000.00 for it firm when i sell it. i have folks waiting in line for it that have seen it. i just can't sell it until i have it perfect. that may be awhile cuz i'm bulding an eagle for my buddy so it has priority. i got some pm's about pics i will work on that. every part in it except the frame forks and body are brand new including the engine and drive train.

Guest tx2sturgis

I was kidding of course, I have a buddy who has a 1955 Cushman Truckster, a 3-wheeler.

I believe he gave $2500 for it several years ago.

I know that to a collector these things are worth money, but I just cant imagine paying $6000 for something that is that old, and used that infrequently.

And goes slower for me than for the guy that owned it last!

:buttkick:

I hope you sell it and the buyer is tickled pink. I see that Barrett Jackson show now and then and I'm amazed that a car...a damn CAR...can sell for that kinda money.

An airplane, maybe. A house...ok...but a CAR?

lol jeeze....

Edited by tx2sturgis

Bill,

I've been looking for a 46/47 Cushman for several years to restore and ride but can't find one. Any tips? I want a Cheap one in rough condition.

Tom

there are alot of them out there. i gave $350.00 for the one i'm selling. just look for cushman on the web. ive got one i'm working on now, a 1958 eagle. it can probably be had for $45,000. 00. it is a prototype i'm building for a friend. he may sell it. the last one i built for him will out run most motorcycles. they are both v-twins with custom built billet aluminum 4 speeds we designed and built just for the scooters.