IGNORED

Carb Question. Where to start??

Yammer Dan

OK I've never been bashfull about letting my 1st Gens see Redline. Question is I play with "Brown Sugar" now just sitting in the garage and if I bring her to redline I get gas smoke and smell. And my MPG has dropped a lot this year?? Everyone knows I'm a firm believer in the nectar of the Gods (Sea-Foam) Other than that and syncing them I don't mess with them if running good. Have never that I can remember (don't mean I haven't) messed with the air screws on her. Just this smoke and smell are unusual for her. She seems to run as strong as ever. Right Brown Angel??? Maybe off a tad. Should I be concerned?? I'm not sure if she is doing this under a load. Haven't noticed it. :think:

Its just I haven't recieved my 12 bucks worth yet this month or is that just once a year??:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

I would be curious to hear how this ends, Dan. A decent mechanic friend mechanically "synced" the carbs a couple years ago. MPG was awesome! Went from upper 30's to solid mid, sometimes upper 40's. About 2mos after the carb going through, MPG dropped back down to upper 30's and there's goo all over the front, left carb boot. Still runs and idles great but mileage sucks. I should add that, at the same time my friend was going through the carbs, I resiliconed the holes in the carb diaphrams. Thought my fix had given way but they are still nice and air tight. MPG is a real drag. W/trailer down to 35. I have a carbtune now I'm going to use for the next syncing (or sinking).