IGNORED

Loading Ramps

Patrolman46

Just posting a warning to everyone about using Harbor freight ramps to load a Venture. I bought the ramps just knowing they were going to be the cats meow. Had them around since 2-29-12 & just used them for the first time last Friday. Hooked onto the little trailer I have, backed into the shop door, lined the Venture up and drove it on. No problem????? Drove to Hog roast / Poker Run for ABATE Dist # 10.

Went to unload next morning while the boss was in the 5th wheel "gettin purdy". Mark & I had agreed that we would meet in a city that was about 60 miles from each of us. I had a long hour to unload & prep for the short ride. WELL, I put the ramp on the end of the trailer, unstrapped the Venture and proceeded to roll back to the ramp and eased onto it...........BANG,xy//!!..!@#$%^&, oh no the ramp must have slipped. Nope it broke right where the tang sets on the trailer, then broke the hinges (3 of them) between the sections. Fortunately the trailer was only about a foot tall, but there I sat with the rear wheel stuck between the sections about half way down the ramp and the bike still about 2 feet on the trailer. Well I hollered for Babe, and I hollered for Babe, AND I HOLLERED FOR BABE, well you guessed it she thought I was hollering for the dogs & ignored me. So I finally thought you can't stand here all morning so I tried to push the bike back off the ramp, but when it went back about another foot it pinched on the non-broken ramp and pushed the bike over to the right & you all know what came next. Yep, I just got my right leg out of the way and let the 980# behemoth lay down. Dammit. You all know the feeling or if you don't you will some day. Well 3 guys came to my rescue & helped me set the bike back up (Thanks Pig Cookers" and get it off of the trailer & broken ramp. Of course I was 15 min late getting to meet Mark & Babe said "What took You so long??" Gish. Oh well nobody got hurt & Venture got one little mark. My 1st to put on it.

Long story with a warning. When I got home I read the label on the box I took the ramp out of Friday. "1500# capacity cumulatively 500# on each section evenly distributed". WELL everyone knows you read the direction after the SCR3W UP. Be careful if you buy one of these ramps they will let you down if you know what I mean.