IGNORED

Do we have a pinout for the handlebar audio?

Since I don't use my audio equipment, this afternoon I got busy yanking some of my 93 apart (multiple things are going on at once). I've got the amp equipment removed. No problems there.

This is what I'm thinking of doing. The mute switch on the handlebar audio controls (what IS that box called, anyway?) is a 2-position simple on/off switch. When I convert my headlight to HID, that switch would function nicely as my on/off control for the headlight, eh? So I traced the wire routing and got that whole box and connector removed from the bike and now it sits on the bench. Buuuttt.... there doesn't seem to be an easy way of disassembling the thing further than where I've got it now (see photo), and I have no idea which wires go to which switching devices in there. I looked for other threads concerning this, but I can't seem to find anything quite this detailed. I don't suppose any of our long term members have been down this road before and perhaps somebody has a pinout of this whole switch control? Dingy? Dingy? DDDIIINNNGGGYYY???????

Since I don't use my audio equipment, this afternoon I got busy yanking some of my 93 apart (multiple things are going on at once). I've got the amp equipment removed. No problems there.

This is what I'm thinking of doing. The mute switch on the handlebar audio controls (what IS that box called, anyway?) is a 2-position simple on/off switch. When I convert my headlight to HID, that switch would function nicely as my on/off control for the headlight, eh? So I traced the wire routing and got that whole box and connector removed from the bike and now it sits on the bench. Buuuttt.... there doesn't seem to be an easy way of disassembling the thing further than where I've got it now (see photo), and I have no idea which wires go to which switching devices in there. I looked for other threads concerning this, but I can't seem to find anything quite this detailed. I don't suppose any of our long term members have been down this road before and perhaps somebody has a pinout of this whole switch control? Dingy? Dingy? DDDIIINNNGGGYYY???????

I got not much for this.

Attached picture shows it in general, but no specific pinouts.

Gary

I got not much for this.

Attached picture shows it in general, but no specific pinouts.

Blast. Looks like I'm going into uncharted territory. Well, when (if?) I break mine maybe somebody's got a spare that I can be more careful with the second time around and I can still be functional. But hopefully I can get this one apart and figure out the routing for us. Stay tuned (it'll be a few days before I get back to it again)! :fingers-crossed-emo

Found it! Page 7-129 of the XVZ13 manual.

Today I released all the terminals from the connector and found the two in question that I need for my switching device: green and black. Checking continuity between those two terms with the switch in both positions confirms it will work for a simple on/off switch. Woohoo!