IGNORED

Leaking Fluid - Help!

Guest muskrat

Guest muskrat

I have a oily like blue-green leak at bottom of cylinder #1. I took the decorative fins off and snapped a picture that is posted below - not great picture - but I have this fluid leaking from around the rubber ring you see at bottom of cylinder. Now my concern is that I have a seal or gasket bad inside that is allowing the coolant and oil to mix and leak - since the fluid is oil-like - but blue-green in color - which would make sense if the coolant and oil is mixing. Obviously - this is not a good thing and likely costly repair.

Anyone have any thoughts or alternative diagnoses? Anyone run into same thing? What am I looking at here for a repair - pretty much pull engine and replace gasket at bottom of cylinder? Or what?

Would appreciate any thoughts, suggestions, recommendations, tips. Apologize for the quality of the photo if you can see what I am talking about.

Its a coolent leak. Buy a new rubber plug from dealer. On the inside of the fins put a thin washer held on by permitex or something like it to hold it in place, about the thickness of a dime. The plug will come out easy so be ready with the new one to put it in quickly so the antifreeze doesn't leak out to much.

tew47