IGNORED

Has anyone seen these?

CrazyHorse

In light of Squidleys accident with the tire blow out which I have no idea what caused it but it got me thinking about this product I just saw this advertised in one of my emails from an RV'er site I frequent.

http://www.aviationupgrade.com/ Has anyone seen one of these or have any experiance with one? I was thinking of trying them out. Any comments?

Cost is not too bad. No way to put in fresh battery after 2-3 years so you have to buy more. But there you go with the old question "How much is my life worth"? It sounds like a good investment if it works like they make it out to.:2cents::D

Guest KitCarson

Well you asked!!! That is a gadget.......might work......but still it is a gadget. It does not take much time to check the air pressure in your bike tires once a week if going on short to work commutes or daily short rides.......check it daily if on a long cross country ride. Lay down on the ground and check the rear tire for nicks, cuts....gouges......roll it forward and check the other half.

Never ever use a tire that has any kind of questionable history, such as Metzler. I think the main thing is folks tend to push a tire to the limit as far as wear goes........I see photos of tires on this site on the bikes that there is no way I would run on........I generally change a tire when the tread gets less defined and about two thirds gone......way before the wear bars show up. With running 75 to 85 on the interstates.....and with only a good tire between you and disaster......tires are one thing I do not play with...usually about 8000 to 10,000 miles on a tire.........does it for me.....yes I know the front will go twice that.......but it gets changed too.......just makes me trust the tires and not worry about them. You can sometimes keep a blown rear tire under control.......(sometimes) You might go all four directions at once......but just maybe you will stay upright...if that front one blows, you are pretty much a goner. Kit

Not a bad idea but how will you know while you are riding that you are losing air.? KISAN makes a new tire presure moniter that is real time like the ones the use on the cars. It feeds info real time to the display unit that you can mount where visible and it not only will show you the pressures but it will alert you if you are losing air. I dont think its a bad idea and this is from a tire guy.

http://www.kisantech.com/index.php?cat_id=6

Scotty