IGNORED

Need Help With Rear Shock 1 Gen

MY OLD 93 HAS OVER A 100,000 MILES ON IT NOW AND I REPLACED THE FRONT FORK SPRINGS LAST SPRING,SO THIS WINTER I THOUGHT I WOULD WORK ON THE REAR SUSPENSION,SO I GOT A REAR LINKAGE ARM FROM EBAY AND IM GOING TO REPLACE THE BUSHINGS, AND IM THINKING ABOUT REPLACING THE REAR SHOCK WITH A NEW Progressive Suspension 420 Series Shocks, Aluminum.

HAS ANYONE ON HERE TRYED ONE OF THESE SHOCKS BEFORE. THEY ARE KINDA HIGH PRICE AND WOULD LIKE SOME INPUT BEFORE I GET ONE,THANKS

Another option is to replace the spring on your OEM rear shock. You will need the spring kit & Rick Butler has a tool to do the change out........ Rick is quoted below...........

http://www.progressivesuspension.com/prodSearchResults.aspx?yearID=1993&makeID=48&modelID=529

" I ran a replacement rear Progressive spring on every 1300 I ever owned (even if they were new). And like you suspect, it's a bit of a problem getting the old spring off and the new one back on. Progressive makes a sping compressor that they sell for a pretty penny. I had a machinest friend make one to their specs and have used it countless times. If you want to pay the postage, I'll be glad to loan it to you (or anyone else that needs it). The instructions that come with your new spring will explain what to do with the compressor.

Ya and I know about spring sag and you have 6 3/8" of travel to work with on your rear spring.

Let me know,

Rick"