IGNORED

Ride safety and corrosion protection tips

hubbsfd

I’ve been meaning to share something I learned with those who might be interested. I highly recommend that everyone read Proficient Motorcycling: The Ultimate Guide to Riding Well by David L. Hough. This is the riding bible and should be read and reread at least every other year. I know most of us have been ridding most of our lives and feel confident we could handle most anything that might come up and hope we never have to prove it. I know that is how I felt. I have to say that there is always more to learn and things to be reminded of regularly. I fully believe it is possible to ride a life time without incident but it takes vigilance in keeping your head in the ride. Reading material like this will help to keep your thoughts directed while riding.

Riders have very little in common with cagers beyond the fact we share the same ribbon of pavement. Cagers and cage manufacturers are all about crash survival. Riders much like airline pilots are all about crash avoidance. This line of thinking brought me to another thing we have in common with the aeronautical industry, inhibiting corrosion. The aeronautical industry spends an extreme amount of time and money to protect the structural integrity of an aircraft especially as it is affected by corrosion.

I found a company that specializes in corrosion protection specifically for the aeronautical industry. I have been using these products for years on all my motorcycles and I have no rust not even on the bolts of any of my bikes. I apply it once a year and it protects better than anything I’ve ever used. It can be used on most any material from Lexan and paint to chrome and bare metal. The product is RejeX. I buy it from Great Lakes Corrosion / CorrosionX. I recently went out to buy more RejeX and found they have expanded their line of products to include spray on types and other cleaning products they are advertising for use on motorcycles. I guess they heard those of us who have been using it on our bikes. I cannot speak to the effectiveness of all the new products they now manufacture but I can tell you the RejeX works for a fact. Just thought I’d share from my experience since you all have helped me so much sharing from yours.