IGNORED

Question about GPS and XM radio

Guest midtnrider

Guest midtnrider

I want to be able to use my GPS ( BT paired with phone) and XM at the same time. I understand from reading previous post there is a limitation when more than one device on the "AUX"...I see where some have used an inline amp which will correct this issue. The question- I want to be able to use the CB radio also- I understand that you can use a mic-splitting cable (Buddy Rich Cable)- to interface with the GPS-however will this setup work ? GPS with BR cable ( to allow for phone functionality) - XM- connected to the inline amp. Will you be able to use the CB radio with full functionality ? I am thinking this may be a reach, but if you do not ask. You will never know. Thanks.....

09 Venture

The CB and the main radio are completely separate units - they both can be used together (the Aux input is just part of the radio). Whenever the CB receives a signal and "breaks" the squelch, the radio is muted.

I know absolutely nothing about the Buddy Rich cable.

On a slightly related note - the intercom is also separate from both the radio and CB - BUT, at least one of them must be on for the IC to work! If you only want the IC audio, turn on the radio and turn the volume down to zero (the IC has its own volume).

Goose

If you want GPS, CB, XM, IC, and BT/phone all to work together at the same time, it is possible. However, you will need some auxiliary equipment.

1) GPS that can handle the XM and BT. Garmin Zumo family can do this. 550 or 665 will take care of it.

2) Get the BuddyRich cable to connect the sound output from the Zumo to the bike system and the bike (helmet) microphone back to the Zumo.

3) If you have BT headset, you may be able to avoid the mic connection. The 550 does not have stereo BT output so it wouldn't work for XM. However, I believe the 665 has stereo BT.

4) While the BT may work with the Zumo, it will not work with the CB and/or bike IC. You will need to hardwire for that or get some BT adapter. Never seen one, but never looked.

RR