IGNORED

Music downloads

playboy

Guest tx2sturgis
Thanks I knew you wouldn't fall far from the tree hope you can read this :stickpoke:

Yeah I would hate to say something unexpected like....'hey dont steal music'.

:happy34:

Guest tx2sturgis

For the folks who didnt see it, Playboy asked about places to download music, such as Frostwire and Limewire.

Hey I've done it, and lots of users have done it.

The only problem is that if you do it alot, such as downloading thousands of songs, then you might end up with a letter from the authorities. I know a couple people that have had that happen.

They are targeting common everyday users now.

Just be aware of this.

Lots of viruses imbedded in music and video downloads. With itunes you can rip your cd's , even borrowed favorites if your library lets you check them out. Make sure to stick to commercially produced cd's and you are golden. itunes hates the copy of a copy . . . and the last update hangs them up.

Guest tx2sturgis
I rip some right off of youtube.

I have an extension for Chrome that allows me to download the video and audio, or just the audio.

I can do that too, with Quicktime Pro, Audacity, or Realplayer. These record any audio and/or video such as youtube or itunes streaming radio that is streamed to my computer. But therein lies the rub: If it's so freely available as streaming content, then why bother to record it?

It has to be really good before I want a copy of it.

Having said that, I have grabbed some really cool vids, music, and ringtones for free. But only for personal use. :whistling:

dacheetah, as far as iTunes 'hanging up' on copies of copies, I have had no problems with iTunes in that regard and I keep it updated. In fact, the new iTunes Match is a type of 'pardon' that is given to owners of unpaidfor copyrighted music.

Not sure what the issues might have been.

Guest tx2sturgis
If you use your ipod touch using the isimple it will just stop playing in the songs where it doesn't like where you got it. Never had a problem on a good cd except for the "Best of ..." type cd's.

Sounds to me like the pirated songs have some bugs in them...lots of music on freesites is 'planted' by the record companies with tracking malware and signature features and unplayable sections or simply defective encoding so that users will get disgusted and maybe actually 'buy' the music.

But itunes doesnt enforce those laws at the user end the way you are describing.