IGNORED

Anyone run a Vredestein???

MAINEAC

Anyone ever run a Vredestein??

http://www.ebay.com/itm/165-15-165-80-15-VREDESTEIN-SNOW-SNOW-TIRES-/300651135390?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr&hash=item460034419e

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?VISuperSize&item=300651135390

Looks like it would make a pretty good bike tire... it's a little rounder than most... i coulda used the studs a couple of years ago... LOL

Funny I just looked at that ad 20 min. ago. Does look tempting. I've seen some references to the tire, but only to say a little to pricy. I have a tire dealer ordering in a Nexen so I can see what it looks like in real life which is about 1/2 the price of the Vredstein.

Edited by Jonesboy

I've had 2 Kumhos and I did the same as you... Went to a local tire shop and got a Nexen... not diggin the Nexen too much... I remember the Vreds from back in the 70s... They ran them on VW Bugs.. They used to be called 165-15... Which is ALMOST the same as the 165/80-15 but were a little different dimension wise but I remember thinking it will still fit... i think the old size is a bit narrower...

I got about 20,000 out of the Kumhos.... I haven't installed the nexen yet... it seems kind of flimsy to me and I think I heard some horror stories about them... Can't remember exactly what but I scope ALL the forums... I gotta figure out something out.. Gotta do both tires before I can run again... I got a Dunlop 404 Rear for the front...

I think the biggest complaint I could find on the Nexen was if you didn't prep the rim you could blow out the sidewall. May have this dealer pull in a Federal SS657 also. Good luck and keep us posted. I have a couple thousands left on the Shinko sitting at 5,600 now, so they suck.

• 1 month later...

I've been researching the Vredesteins a little and it seems like they're reproductions by Coker Tire.... I guess Coker buys the original tire molds and reproduces old tires... The tread looks the same but I'm not sure the tire construction is the same... FYI they also re-make BFGs and Michelins in the 165-15 size but their prices are up there...

• 3 weeks later...

Just ordered one for my "new to me" 2006 RSTD. I'll get it installed and let you guys know.

Ordered it here:

https://www.tiresbyweb.com/tbw_tiresearchadv2.aspx?treadwidth=165&profile=80&rimsize=15&Winter=0&Pageindex=1&choice2=All

Pricier than the others, but I lined the looks of it best. Kumho would have been my first choice but can't find those any more.

Been riding darkside on bikes for a long time. Just makes sense on a cruiser.

• 1 month later...