IGNORED

kruisn the Kootnay's info needed

67mini67

Glad to see youre looking at coming! Its a gorgeous spot to see and ride.

We couldnt get pricing on rooms for the New Grand hotel in Nelson BC until the next week or so. I will post more details in the Kruisn thread under Regional Rallies section and on our Facebook page.

More details are here and Facebook will be updated as we get more info as well.

http://www.venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=65031

http://www.facebook.com/#!/kruisnthekootenays

If you have any questions, please contact me anytime.

Brian

Thanks Brian, I did a full search and that or any other thread came up on Kootnay. Anyway, Do we have an itinerary yet as I have not been to Kruisn the Kootnay's yet? I am about 3.5 hrs South of Nelson but we have to be back Mon am to work.. Thanks for the thread and info and am looking forward to seeing the area and meeting the "gang" (as my wife puts it).

Wayde

Hi Wayde

SilvrT (Rick) and I havnt chatted and done up a tentative schedule yet but I would imagine it will be similar to the other years we have been there. Its a pretty casual event and dont actually structure a lot of events but prefer to leave time for people to enjoy the area and explore on their own or in a group.

Start Arriving Friday meet and socialize in the New Grand

Sat Ride the area or Shopping in the Quirky shops, or ride thru the Toad Rock Campground where the huge Toad Rock Rally weekend is on. Socialize

Maybe visit the Kokanee Brewery in Creston BC or one of the many Hot Springs resorts in the area. Socialize

Sun Possibly a scavenger hunt, poker run during the day. Socialize, Watch Canada Day fireworks from the Beach area, Socialize.

Sun night buffett dinner and smoker.Socialize

Mon say good byes and head home for many. others will go for another ride.

Most meals are on your own dime, we are planning the Sun night buffet meal at the New Grand in their banquet room. We will have an ticket price in a week or so, after we work out some details and get pricing on buffett, as always, we try to keep the price low as we can to make this event affordable for everyone.

The New Grand Hotel is an older renovated affordable hotel that doesnt have a lot of extra amenities like a pool etc, but to keep prices down, they are the only hotel that offers a deal on rooms in the area. The New Grand also has what they call Hostel rooms for the person attending on their own, the room has bed, sink toilet and tv, but you have a shower at the end of the hall. (Almost as cheap as camping.). If you need a hotel with more amenities, the Prestige and the Hume are within 3 minutes and youre welcome to book there if you like.

Here is a link to my Picasa Pics, go to the Kruisn the Kootenays and have a look at the 2009 event, I dont have pics from 2010.

https://plus.google.com/photos/103959080138590887139/albums?banner=pwa#photos/103959080138590887139/albums

Brian