IGNORED

The National Anthem..............

DragonRider

Do you cringe when you hear some artist sing their rendition of the National Anthem, they try to give it their personal touch, but to me they mutilate our treasured Anthem. I wish everyone could just come close to singing it with pride and dignity like these young men do..........Thanks to Ken Derrett for sending this to me.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7_wV3Mmsf4&feature=player_embedded]SNC Webisode 5 :Recording The National Anthem - YouTube[/ame]

For some reason, and I can't explain it, I tend to believe that you can do it better than most, maybe not as good as these guys, for example take a look at Susan Boyle..........who would have ever thought she had such a fantastic voice..........take a look at Yammer Dan, is he in that same category?:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

I can do better than that when I'm out somewhere about 40 miles away from anybody.:draming::draming::draming:

Good one Lew!!

I think they did a GREAT job. As far as changing the national anthem, NEVER !! I like both songs but, this IS our national anthem. If you change it now , who's to say someone else will change it again in a few more years! Pretty soon, you won't even be able to recognize it! I say, take it for what it is. that's just my opinion!!

Being a pro musician and educator, I have always been partial to those who sang the National Anthem as it was intended, without any "personal" interpretation. I would agree that it is not an easy song to sing, with the range being the most difficult aspect, it is still the anthem of our nation.

America the Beautiful is the national SONG, and The Stars and Stripes is the national March.

This is the most inspiring rendition that I have heard in years....... [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xTWGv3PlcJ8]NFL 9/11 Tribute and National Anthem - YouTube[/ame]

Enjoy! .......and Merry CHRISTmas

The roots and heritage of our country should never be up for a change voted on or not. We have gotten to far away as it is. Men and Women have sacrificed again and again defending this heritage and I'm not going to slap them in the face. Back to my corner before this turns political.

On second thought no I won't that would just be me adding to the problem.:325::usa::usa::usa: