IGNORED

military care packages

minnmac

happy holiday season to everyone. i,ve been wanting to send some small token of thanks to our troops overseas. i dont personally know anyone so i was looking at ways to do it when i found this website, anysoldier.com. after looking it over it seemed pretty legit and well meaning. they have lists of real deployed servicemen/women who are the contacts to 5 to ??? number of people and can distribute the packages. you can chose who to contact based on service branch, area of deployment, unit origin or whoever you want. the package is shipped by you directly overseas so it seems on the up and uo. i was wondering if anybody has done this or knew anything good/bad about this website before i commit ???? thanks al:fingers-crossed-emo

I am here in Afghanistan and I work directly with our Military, the way mentioned in the post is good, and they are honest.

If anyone on this forum has someone serving here and knows the region they are in I can get and supply the address for a direct shipment.

Happy Holidays

rjjammer

Another really great organization is Soldiers Angels. They have already made up care packages that can be sent to a specific soldier, or you can just have them send one. They really specialize in helping with wounded troops. When someone is wounded badly enough to be evacuated out of theater they usually end up in Landstuhl with no personal effects. The military does provide some stuff for them, but the folks at SA try to get them some items to increase their comfort while they are in the hospital. SA has volunteers that visit the soldiers in the hospital as well. I know from personal experience that the standard care package is a welcome treat.

The last post is a very worthwhile cause... there are lots of troops far from home...

a little FYI from the Post Office:

Beginning on Nov. 17, the Postal Service will stop accepting mail addressed to military post offices in Iraq, Defense Department officials have announced. That's because U.S. forces are scheduled to return from Iraq by the end of the year. Military post offices in Iraq will stop processing mail on Nov. 17, and service members deployed to that country are asked to advise those who send them mail about the approaching deadline. Should postal mail arrive after a military member has departed, it will be redirected to the new mailing address provided. If no mailing address is provided, the mail will be returned to sender, according to the Postal Service.