IGNORED

83/85 1st gen headlight upgrade

In the 12 years I have had my 83 Venture, I have tried several things to improve the headlight situation. The best thing I did was to upgrade to the headlight assembly from an 86 up. It is a big improvement.

On ebay right not there is a 90 1st gen being parted that has good starting bid prices on these parts. For someone wanting to do a headlight upgrade, this might be a good oportunity to pick up all the parts needed. I am going to post the link to the headlight bucket and I hope I am not stepping on someone's toes by posting this, but this is the 1st time in a while I have seen these parts available.

You will need the;

headlight bucket

adjustment assy

headlight ring

upper frame that holds the dash

left side frame that mounts the adjustment assy

bottom strip the connects the upper fairings that the headlight bucket sits in.

If you could do a little welding and have a late 1st gen to go by, you could modify the frames off the 83/85 to accept the headlight mounts and the adjustment assy.

RandyA

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=013&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&viewitem=&item=230204705320&rd=1

I had gone the Silverstar bulb route and then the PIAA bulb, but the best was the upgrade. I am still looking at doing a parallel wire with solenoid. I know there is a significant voltage drop thru the CMS, which can be a problem with enough voltage pull to cause cold soldier joints.

I have been wondering what I am going to do for a winter project and this will give me something to work on.

RandyA