IGNORED

Stebel air intake - question

BigBear

I've finally got around to installing a Stebel horn...and have a question about the air intake.

I understand the logic behind installing the hose to provide "clean/clear" air to to the compressor.

Since I've mounted the horn in the factory default horn location using Carbon_Ones mounting bracket, and the air intake clips into the horn is downward facing, couldn't I cut a small piece of a "horse hair" AC filter and insert that into the air intake opening, thereby eliminating the black plastic fitting and the unsightly hose option???

Seems like that would be an easy solution?

Thoughts?

Mike;

The air intake is the little black rectangle on right side of that picture...There is a plastic pice that snaps into that hole with a hose barb on it.

I was thinking about putting some filter-type material in that opening (not the trumpet openings).

Personally I wouldn't put anything in there. You don't want to reduce airflow or risk it "inhaling" your filter.

Like Owen, I''ve been running a pair of Wolos for several years. The Wolo seems identical except it doesn't include the adapter.